Lawson's etc

This row shows Lawson's Ladies Repository, the road was then referred to as Kelsick Row, next comes a tailor's shop, prop unknown, and next Walton's confectionery shop.

Later these two shops were both owned by Waltons and half became the Japanese Tea Rooms Later again the shops were once more divided, Waltons moved across the road and the premises became Gills Jewellers and Hunters saddlers.

The shop on the opposite corner was obviously at this time a furnishing shop and that was to become Martin's ironmonger before they moved to Compston Rd in 1922.

Banks was lower down before it moved into bigger premises in the Market Place.