Shops with known dates
Pre the 1920's, probably pre 1910.
- James Gibson (Grocer) Church St
- James Gibson (Miller, Corn dealer, baker, confectioner) The Old Mill
- Dawson Gill (Jeweller) Corner of Kelsick Rd and King St.
- Thos Simpson (Grocer and tea dealer) Market Place
- Edmund Fleming (Glass and China) Compston Rd
- Edmund Fleming (Ambleside Souvenir Emporium) Market Place
- J. A. Mackereth (Draper) Central Buildings
- J. A. Mackereth (Gents outfitter) Central Buildings
- J. H. Robinson (Grocer and tea dealer) Lake Rd.
- J. H. Robinson (Temperence Hotel) Lake Rd
- Longmire and Co (Grocer and confectioner) Central Buildings
- H. W. Herd (Pharmacy and photographer) Central Buildings
- John Thornton (Grocer) Compston Rd
- A & J Jackson (The Cafe) Rydal Rd: probably Dodd's
- Hubert Taylor (Hairdressing Salon - gents) next to the Queen's Hotel on the
corner, at present Rush.
- Thos Garside (Carriage builder, motor body designer) Rydal Rd
- M. E. Lawson (Fancy repository, Ladies and children's wear) Kelsick Row - now The Picnic Box.
- John Stables (shoes) Church St.
- James Elliott (shoes) Market Place
- Japanese Tea Rooms, (Walton's Cafe and confectioner) Lake Rd
- Lakelands Hotel (Waterhead)
This information has been derived from adverts appearing in an early Ambleside Guide